Autocrossing Responsibly in a Covid-19 World
As more and more local clubs are starting to run Solo events, this is what you should expect.
This can change at any time, so please check with your local region/club first.
- Always check for any local restrictions/rules that a club may have in place prior to the event so you are prepared.
- An event may be canceled due to local County extending their individualized Shelter-In-Place orders, so please check before you leave home that morning for any last-minute changes.
- Events will initially be limited to SCCA Members Only. (If not a member, some clubs will require you to have min 3 events experience with them)
- Online registration only – No Walk-Ups or Cash payments will be accepted on the day of the event.
- No Spectators will be allowed, this includes children.
- No Novice/non-novice Instructor runs or other ride-alongs.
- Limited entries.
- No Loaner helmets – bring your own SNELL 2005 or newer.
- No water/food will be provided. No water will be provided for corner workers either. Bring everything you’ll need to get you through the day.
- Masks will be required of all competitors. INCLUDING: No event participant will be allowed to enter the site and check-in without showing a gate attendant that they have a compliant face-covering available for use.
- 6-foot distancing will be enforced at all times.
- There will be no trophy ceremony at the end of the event. You can claim a trophy at a future event.
- Self-Tech will be done, overseen by SCCA Tech Chiefs.
- Bring your own hand sanitizer.
The SCCA has provided operations teams with detailed guidance, some of which go beyond the details provided. Please take the time to click this link:
The latest information is posted in the Member Account Portal: https://netforum.scca.com/eweb/DynamicPage.aspx?Site=scca&WebKey=52f1b9e7-9211-48ee-842a-73b75fe6eed7.
- Annual Waivers cannot be electronically signed at this time. (We are working on this and hope to have it available in the future.)
- They can be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- They must be scanned in color.
- They must be properly witnessed.
- A member photo (selfie) is required. Upload to your Member Profile.
If you are a resident of CA, FL or NY, you may need to use another form…check www.scca.com/downloads
Ultimately, it is your responsibility to assess the risk to you, both on-track and off, and to make the decision whether to participate or not. If you are feeling unwell or are experiencing symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath please stay home. If you have been in contact with someone who has been experiencing these symptoms two (2) weeks prior to the event, please stay home.
While on-site, please take the health and safety of your fellow participants, volunteers, and staff into consideration and practice social distancing… Wear a mask, and wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer frequently.
Stay Safe Everyone.