2018 Walter Huber Scholarship Award
2018 Walter Huber Scholarship Awarded to Chris Laprus
Walter Huber Scholarship Award
Walter served as Regional Executive, Trustee, Flagger, Race Steward and long standing Membership Chairman. Chief of Tech, pit and paddock, and as a flagger. Among his many other contributions he was the author of the month Re-Hash column in the Region’s monthly newsletter and mentor to a generation of SCCA members within and outside of the Region. Walter always had a smile on his face and lived a very happy life. He was always available to lend a hand or impart some knowledge upon you, as he had so much of it.
This scholarship award is given to an active member of the region to help offset their first entry into National Competition and how has exhibited leadership within their specialty or support of the Region goals and objective.
- Must be a member of the Region, in good standing for two years or more
- Must be nominated by the Specialty Chair or BOT Member
- Must not have attended a SCCA ‘Year End’ National Level event in the past, (ie “National Solo”, “National Runoff”, “United States Road Rally Challenge” (USRRC) or the like event in the other Specialties).
- This Scholarship Fund is open to both competitors and volunteer workers
- The individual must be approved by a majority vote of the Walter Huber Scholarship Committee and confirmed by the Board of Trustees.
- The individual must be paying their own way and not being sponsored/supported by a third party and for whom it would not otherwise be financially viable an opportunity to attend the event
- The ‘Grant’ of $500 will be award to offset event expenses.